[opencbm-user] opencbm on Raspberry Pi

Glenn Holmer
Has anyone gotten opencbm to compile on the Pi for use with the
ZoomFloppy? I built it on my PC under Ubuntu Linux, so I'm at least
vaguely familiar with the process. On the Pi, I'm trying to build
opencbm-0.4.99.95RC1 under the soft-float Debian Wheezy distribution
(which I'm using because I've been working with Java on the Pi, and that
requires it).

I did get cc65 to build (which is a prerequisite), and in fact I got
opencbm itself to build with

make -f LINUX/Makefile opencbm plugin-xum1541

But the installation target

make -f LINUX/Makefile install install-plugin-xum1541

failed with

No KERNEL_SOURCE found, aborting!

What part of the source is required to build the module? On the Pi,
"uname -a" reports:

Linux shadowpi 3.1.9+ #272 PREEMPT Tue Aug 7 22:51:44 BST 2012 armv6l
GNU/Linux

but the kernel sources that show in the repo are for 3.2 and don't pull
successfully in any case. Have any other Raspberry Pi users tried this?

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Re: [opencbm-user] opencbm on Raspberry Pi

Nate Lawson

On Nov 11, 2012, at 11:59 AM, Glenn Holmer wrote:

> Has anyone gotten opencbm to compile on the Pi for use with the
> ZoomFloppy? I built it on my PC under Ubuntu Linux, so I'm at least
> vaguely familiar with the process. On the Pi, I'm trying to build
> opencbm-0.4.99.95RC1 under the soft-float Debian Wheezy distribution
> (which I'm using because I've been working with Java on the Pi, and that
> requires it).

No, but maybe the below info helps.

> I did get cc65 to build (which is a prerequisite), and in fact I got
> opencbm itself to build with
>
> make -f LINUX/Makefile opencbm plugin-xum1541
>
> But the installation target
>
> make -f LINUX/Makefile install install-plugin-xum1541
>
> failed with
>
> No KERNEL_SOURCE found, aborting!

That's used for building the xa1541 plugin, for LPT ports. You can get around it by editing the following line in opencbm/LINUX/Makefile to remove 'plugin-xa1541':

PLUGINS=plugin-xum1541 plugin-xu1541 plugin-xa1541

-Nate

Re: [opencbm-user] opencbm on Raspberry Pi

Spiro Trikaliotis
Hello,

* On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 09:27:03PM -0800 Nate Lawson wrote:

> > make -f LINUX/Makefile install install-plugin-xum1541
> >
> > failed with
> >
> > No KERNEL_SOURCE found, aborting!

JFTR: That was a problem in the build system: "install" tried to build
all of OpenCBM, that is, the core system as well as all plugins.  It
should have been fixed in commit af59f680fa on git, although I did not
hear back from the OP.

Regards,
Spiro.

--